How does engaging a copywriter work?
Here’s a run down of the copywriting process:
- Get in touch to discuss your project
- I’ll send you a briefing form to gather some details about you, your business and what you are trying to achieve (don’t worry if you can’t complete everything!)
- We’ll organise a time to speak by phone or Skype to fill in the gaps and allow me to get a feel for your business and what tone of voice will be appropriate
- I’ll do any further research as required
- I’ll do a first draft of the copy – you can expect this within a week, often sooner
- You’ll review the first draft (and hopefully love it!)
- But if you don’t love it, or if there’s just little tweaks, don’t worry – two rounds of reviews and edits are standard inclusions in my pricing structure
How much does a copywriter cost?
So if now you’re thinking that it sounds like my skills are a good fit for what you need, you’re probably wondering how much it’s going to cost. I will provide you with an upfront project quote that includes all research, client liaison, writing time and two rounds of approvals. Whilst it is possible to provide ballpark estimates online (see my website copywriting page for an example), most projects have varying parameters which mean I quote on a project by project basis. Once I understand your project requirements, I’ll be able to provide you with a detailed and comprehensive quote.